This App is offereing a specialized program for seniors that caters to older individuals who want more independence and more functional mobility for daily living. This unique form of personal training for seniors addresses many of the declines in function that seem to occur with age (loss of balance, coordination, strength and endurance) that lead to a lower quality of life and less overall independence.
What happens if you don´t train:
- A decrease in strength, cardiovascular capacity, metabolic rate, flexibility and reaction time.
- Higher risk of osteoporosis, especially in menopausal women.
- Connective tissue shortens, resulting in less stability and mobility.
- Leg speed, length of stride is reduced.
- Sense of touch and pain sensitivity may be impaired and make us unaware when we exert too much pressure on a vulnerable joint.
It's possible to prevent perhaps as much as 50 % of functional decline by participating in regular exercise. There are many benefits from physical activity, both physical and psychological.
Benefits associated with regular physical activity:
- Slowing the ageing process to help you look and feel better.
- Increase both your stamina and energy levels.
- Increases the efficiency of your heart and lungs thus protecting against coronary heart disease.
- Improved muscle tone, endurance and strength.
- Prevents joints, tendons, and ligaments stiffing up, promoting a greater range of movement.
- Strengthen your bones to fight against osteoporosis especially for women.
- Improves your sense of balance and agility, reducing the risks of injuries associated from falls or slips, (especially in cold weather).
- Decreases your blood pressure both systolic and diastolic and also resting heart
Psychological benefits of physical activity include:
- Improved self-image, and confidence.
- Decreased stress and tension levels with the release of bodily hormones.
- An overall sense of well being and achievement.
Highlight of this App
- Specialized programm for seniors
- More than 20 training lessons: coordination, strenght, cardiovascular, endurance, balance etc)
- 25 minute video session, for daily training with lisa